Sunday, August 8, 2010

REFLECTIONS



I am so excited that I am already at the end of this great 11 Tools training! It was really intense yet so useful and interesting!


One of my favorite tools was Microsoft’s Photo Story 3. I can see the great potential of this tool from documenting field trips to unforgettable places to creating books. Students can put together stories by getting images from the internet of anything that is meaningful to them. This book making tool will be tremendously appealing for kindergarteners. I would also like to create blogs with videos targeting specific topics for my students to review.


I would like to see my students using Skype to communicate with peers from different part of the world and share about their habitats, their homes, families and customs. Also, I would like to integrate the use of Wikis in the Writing Process, which in turn will create a shift on my students to make them more active participants with increased attention, responding more and improving the quality of their final products.


My thinking was totally transformed by being part of this initiative. I am sure that I can use these tools for many purposes in my classroom that I didn't even imagine when I started teaching many years ago. These tool will definitely help making my teaching experience and the student’s learning experience fun, exciting and relevant!


No comments:

Post a Comment